The City of Little Canada 2019 Photo Contest is now open! We encourage professional and hobbyist artists to submit their photos in one of four categories; City Landmarks, Nature, People & Families, and Community Activities & Events. The mission of this contest is to celebrate the City of Little Canada. Therefore all photos entered must be taken within our city limits. Even if you do not win you may see your photo in future promotional publications!
This contest will run from April 15 - July 31. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-766-4045.
All contest photos once submitted become the property of the City and may be used in citywide publications of print and electronic media at the City's discretion. Please note that the photo contest coordinator may reassign some entries to a more appropriate category.
Photo Contest Categories
General Contest Information
The mission of the contest is to celebrate the City of Little Canada. Therefore all photos entered must be taken within our city limits. Photos taken of locations outside the City of Little Canada will be disqualified, as will low-resolution images that cannot be well reproduced in printed materials.
The City will identify the top photos in each category. The finalists will be posted on our web page. A winner will be determined in each category with one grand prize winner for People's Choice. Stay tuned for more information on voting.
- Amateur and professional photographers are welcome to enter.
- City employees and their families are not eligible to participate.
- Five entries per person in any combination of categories.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer.
- The photo must be taken in Little Canada.
- Minor digital enhancement is allowed, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- Photo submissions with professional logos or watermarks will not be considered.
- Submissions must be at least 1 MB in size with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Photo entries containing recognizable people at non-public events must be accompanied by a signed release form.
Download release form (PDF).
All contest photos once submitted become the property of the City and may be used in citywide publications of print and electronic media at the City's discretion. All contest photos once submitted become the property of the City and may be used in citywide publications of print and electronic media at the City's discretion.
• Formats accepted in .JPG or .PNG (high quality)
• Only digital formats will be accepted. We do not accept hard copies of photos.
• A minimum file size of 1 MB with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
• Image size minimum 5”x7”
• Be sure to set your camera or smartphone settings at the highest possible resolution for best results
• Be sure your email program is not set to reduce your attachments to a low-resolution format
• Please submit the image only - do not embed captions, words, watermarks or photographer's name on the image.
File names must be named as follows: category number (1-4), first and last name of contestant, short title of photograph and ending with "2019 photo contest".
Example: if Mike Smith entered a shot of architecture on Main Street he would rename his photo entry:
- City Landmarks
- People & Families
- Parks & Recreation
Submit Your Photos by Email
• Limit: up to five entries per contestant in any combination of categories
• Send only one image file per email as an attachment (do not embed image files in the message area)
• Send to email@example.com
• Subject line should read 2019 photo contest entry
In the message area enter:
1. First and last name of contestant
2. Contact phone number
3. Email address
4. Select category by number (1-4)
**Please note that some email programs are set to reduce file attachments to a low-resolution format, check to be sure that your file is being sent at the original file size.**
By submitting entries, the contestant acknowledges and agrees to the terms under the General Contest Info tab.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-766-4045.
The top photo in each category will win a $50 Gift card and the overall winner will be awarded a City swag bag.
Submission Dates: April 15 - July 31, 2019
Finalists Announced: TBD
People's Choice Voting: TBD
Winners Announced: TBD