Responsibilities of the Administration Department
The City Administrator is the chief operating officer and responsible for the day to day operations of the city.
Administration Department functions include:
- Carry out policies and ordinances of the City Council.
- Advising the mayor and city council on all significant matters and presenting all items which require council action or approval.
- Coordinating with other governmental agencies and representing the interests of the city as delegated by the city council.
- Directing, developing, and implementing appropriate budgeting, including capital improvements, administrative planning and control procedures, and long-range development of the city.
- Making effective recommendations in areas of policies, planning, community development, public safety, administrative services, financial planning, and human resources.
- Working closely with departments to plan and coordinate activities to ensure effective service to the public and efficient conduct of all municipal affairs; overseeing the various department managers.