- Permits & Licenses
- Sign Permits
Sign permits are required for temporary and permanent signs. Please see the Zoning Code section for Signs for more information.
Permanent Sign Permits
- FEES: Permit fees for permanent signs are based on the job valuation.
- Contractor doing the work must be City licensed. Call us at 651-766-4029 to check if your City license is current.
- Submit two sets of plans with the completed Sign Permit Application.
Temporary Sign Permits
Temporary signs permitted are: portable signs, banners, pennants, and window signs.
- FEES: The permit fee for a temporary sign is a flat fee of $50. Sign can be displayed up to 30 days. A deposit NOT required.
In no case shall temporary sign permits exceed four (4) in a calendar year, or a total of one hundred twenty days in a calendar year, with no more than sixty days of that allocation to be used for non-banner temporary signage per business and/or tenant.
- Single-tenant buildings: A temporary sign permit shall not be issued for more than 30 days nor shall a permit be issued within 30 days from the termination date of a prior permit.
- Multi-tenant properties: A temporary sign permit shall not be issued for more than thirty days.
- No more than two tenants may possess temporary sign permits at the same time.
- In the case of two or three tenant buildings, no more than one tenant may possess a temporary sign permit at any given time.
- Temporary sign permits for multi-tenant buildings may not be reallocated from one tenant to another to increase the allowable number of signs in any calendar year.
Via email: email@example.com
Once approved, you will be emailed a link to pay online. Your approved/paid permit will be emailed to you.
Via mail or in person:
City of Little Canada
515 Little Canada Road East
Little Canada, MN 55117
Questions: Contact Corrin Wendell, City Planner, 651-766-4046 or firstname.lastname@example.org